Monday, December 21, 2009

Testimonial: Cholesterol, Weight Management


After 6 months on the Paleo Diet, I'm teary eyed (and that doesn't happen often for an old Marine), I'm so thankful.

My cholesterol was at 250. Being a life-long fitness nut, everyone assumed my high cholesterol had to be genetic. After going on medication, it went down to 213, but I experienced joint pain as a side effect, so I stopped taking it. I went on the Paleo Diet and, with no medication, my cholesterol was at 184 after 3 months. Amazing!

Second, I've cut my inflammation medication regimen from daily doses to once every 3 days, and hope to eliminate that medication also.

Third, I lost the tire around my mid-section that I never had until my mid-40's, and I have more energy in the gym.

Finally, my wife lost 18 lbs and is actually a couple pounds below her college weight. She looks great!

We just rave to everyone about this diet. It will be a life-long change for us.

I can't thank you enough! God bless!


Mark
Wake Forest, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Paleo Diet Team invites you to leave comments or post questions to our blog. We receive a great amount of feedback, but we are not able to always answer personally. We read all comments, and we are very interested in hearing your thoughts, learning about your experiences, and understanding what questions you have. Note that we review all comments before publishing them on the blog. Comments posted that do not contain questions or comments related to paleo nutrition, or those that point to web sites that do not provide content that would be deemed helpful to our readers, will be rejected.

Thank you.
The Paleo Diet Team